Soweto.co.za are pioneers in this action packed teambuilding event which takes the format of An Amazing Race where you follow clues to various exciting destinations in Soweto. At each destination there will be a task/activity/reward / social responsibility element in which the teams will partake in. The detailed itinerary itself is confidential but here are the basic highlights you will experience in the day – treasure hunt (with cash allowance) through a busy local market / a local crèche visit and interaction with the kids / adventure sport activity at the Orlando Towers / upmarket malls / an informal settlement and a hostel / famous politically historical sites / place of worship / a brewery & shebeen / Kliptown youth programme (with gumboot dance activity) / recreational areas / the arts / tourism products / small businesses and more!
This, our flagship teambuilding product, is a must for all companies looking to inspire and motivate their staff and customers. Having run close on 200 of these events over the years we feel we have really mastered the programme to have you leaving Soweto completely fulfilled, however we are always finding exciting new elements to add to the itinerary and keep the programme fresh and updated. We are also always happy to adapt the programme to incorporate any elements that are specific to your company’s sphere of interest.
HEREWITH A SAMPLE QUOTATION OF AN AMAZING RACE IN SOWETO BASED ON A GROUP SIZE OF 50 PEOPLE IN 5 TEAMS
Cost: R 2100.00 per person (based on 50 ppl in 5 teams)
Groups differing from this size will need to be re-quoted on, we will quote you specific to your group size
* Transport throughout in Quantum / Sprinter Air-conditioned Touring Vehicles (the group will be divided into 5 colour coded teams with each team assigned a vehicle with driver and guide) – pick up and drop off at your offices in Joburg. It is up to the teams participating to direct the drivers to the various destinations
* A guide/referee (local expert Sowetan Guides) to accompany each group on the day to ensure all clues are completed. The guide is also there to provide interesting commentary along the way
* 2 Mineral waters per person on the vehicles
* A one of a kind Soweto Cap given to each team member in their respective team colours
* Facilitators on the ground at each venue (clues will lead the teams to +/- 14 venues of significance depicting Soweto’s history as well as culture and way of life)
* Interactive entertainment by a gumboot dance troupe at one of the destinations
* A reward / activity / community donation at each destination
* A hand painted (with your logo) Calabash Trophy for the winning team
* Individual spot prizes for the best performing member of each team
* Shisanyama (Braai) Style Lunch at Chaf Pozi Restaurant located at the foot of the Orlando Towers
* 3 x drink vouchers per person (soft, beers, glass of wine and ciders) at a local brewery and at lunch, additional drinks available to purchase
* KDA Event management team on the ground with support vehicle ensuring all logistics run smoothly
The actual race duration is usually about 4 to 5 hours. Then it’s on to lunch at Chaf Pozi located at the Orlando Towers, this is also where prize giving will take place. A specially designed hand painted Calabash Trophy will be given to the winning team, and spot prizes will be handed to the best performing member per team.
NB – It is important to note that our Amazing Race Event for a group this size provides direct employment to approximately 30 people from Soweto for the day and supports several local small businesses and community projects. However, Should this quote not fit in with your budget please advise specifics and we will work on an alternative tour option for you.
Payment terms: 50% deposit to confirm the event, balance due month prior.